Monday, April 13, 2015

Cafe Gogos

Spring is in full swing here in warm and sunny South Korea!... is what I would like to say. However, a chill still lingers in the air, and despite many trees sprouting blossoms (and in a few cases shedding them!) the promise of a return to warmer weather remains a hopeful wish.

Donning a warm jacket, I went with my girlfriend to crowded Jamsil Lake Park in Seoul to join the masses in admiring the blossoms this past weekend. The scenery was of course wonderful even despite the congestion of foot traffic, and I got many lovely photos of the spring flowers. Those aren't what I'm sharing today!

Near the edge of the lake park, my girlfriend turned to me and said there was a cafe nearby that she wanted to go to. I asked if she was thirsty, but she explained she was taking me there for my sake. When we arrived at Cafe Gogos, I understood: it was a toy and figure cafe, filled with paraphernalia from numerous popular franchises! And dominating several display cases was an impressive collection of custom-made Gunpla, many built by well known Korean experts. After talking to staff, I learned that most of the collection contained within the cafe is up for sale; whether that means the toys are donations or were bought by the cafe's owner, I'm unsure of.

I knew I was going to be busy for awhile taking photos, so I thanked my girl and handed her my credit card so she could treat herself to something nice while I got busy.


















































































No comments:

Post a Comment