Monday, January 19, 2015

Gunpla: V is for Victory

I still have more photos to upload from my Japan trip (namely my Comiket pics) but before I do I'd like to take a moment to share my first Gunpla of 2014.

To be honest I've never actually seen the Victory Gundam anime, though I have heard mixed things about it. However, when I first saw the Victory Two HG 1/144 in the store I felt entranced by it. I didn't get it straight away; instead I went home, and for the rest of the week I felt the V2 nagging at the back of my mind, it's sleek minimalist design and sexy frame prodding me to buy it. When I got my second chance to pick it up, I didn't hesitate.

Two weeks later, I'm very satisfied with how the V2 turned out. Not perfect, but I picked up some new tools and techniques in the process of building it, so it definitely counts as a learning process. The kit itself is spectacular, and didn't need much extra work from me to make it look good. This new generation of HG model kits is really up to snuff; I'm looking forward to picking up a V Dash HG when it gets released in March.


















No comments:

Post a Comment