Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Gunpla Builders Challenge 2015, Gangnam

In South Korea, the new school year starts in March, after a short spring vacation at the end of February. This year, spring break coincided with the Lunar New Year, giving me a nice extended holiday long enough to travel back to my home country and get my fill of all of the foods I had been missing, namely my mom's home cooking. I returned to Korea a bit fuller in face and rounder in belly, but also eager to see what was new at the Gangnam Gundam Base.

To my surprise, quite a bit. While I was gone, the Gundam Bases in Seoul had hosted a Gunpla Building Contest, the discovery of which distressed my greatly. I would have loved to enter such a competition, but it seems that every time the Seoul Gundam Bases hold an event, I remain totally unaware or unavailable, despite my best efforts to be the contrary.

Better luck next time, I suppose. Either way, I took some photos of the contestants on display at the Gangnam Gundam Base. Though none compare with the models I saw during last year's Gunpla World Cup, there were still a decent number of skillfully put-together Gunpla being showcased.

It's already March, but I'm excited to see what Gunpla has in store for 2016! I get excited just thinking about the possibilities. Looking at the well-used cutting mat on my desk and my trusty pair of nippers waiting on standby, I feel eager to get started on my next model.





























No comments:

Post a Comment