Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Busan International Motor Show

During my trip to Busan I stayed at a hostel by the name of Guesthouse Cooool (spelled with exactly that many o's). Normally I don't stay in hostels when I travel as I prefer to have my own space, but this time I was glad I made an exception. Cooool was clean, it was comfortable, it was stylishly modern, and it was within five minutes walking distance of Haeundae Beach. The woman who ran the hostel was incredibly friendly and helpful, and every morning she went to the trouble of making a fresh and delicious Western-style breakfast for all of the guests. Without trying to sound too much like a paid shill, if you're ever in Busan and looking for a place to sleep, I definitely recommend her guesthouse.
It was still dreary outside when I sat down for breakfast one morning with the other hostel guests, and while we talked about what we would do that day one traveler mentioned there was a car show currently going on in town. With not much else planned, I decided to check it out. I'm not a car buff in the slightest, but I figured a car show would be a good chance to try to take some dynamic looking pictures.
The Busan International Motor Show, or BIMOS, is held biennially in the Bexco Exhibition Center. When I arrived I found many other tourists with expensive-looking cameras shuffling about; car enthusiasts, I assumed. However, after buying my ticket and entering the main viewing hall, I quickly realized that the shiny new cars on display may not have been the main drawing point for most of the people there...




































No comments:

Post a Comment