Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Winter in the Countryside

Just last week, the weather outside was a balmy 35 degrees Fahrenheit here in sunny Korea. This previous Sunday, the last day of November, I went out wearing only a light leather jacket and sweater and had no trouble staying warm.
Then the sun set, and when it rose the following morning it was the first of December, and without warning the weather dropped to 19 degrees and a blizzard blew in and covered everything in white. If nothing else, it can be said that this year's winter was exceptionally punctual.

I love all of the seasons; each has its own set of endearing qualities. What I don't like is that dead period between the end of fall and the first snow of winter, when everything is dark and brown and muddy and simply looking outside is enough to make one feel gloomy and despondent, as is the case for me. However, once the snow begins to fall and everything is made clean and fresh, I feel my spirits perk up.
Winter in the countryside is especially beautiful, and I allowed myself to be a little late to work this morning so that I could take my time getting some nice photos.































No comments:

Post a Comment